Welcome to 2017 ISCE/APACE website.
It is a great pleasure to have you in the traditional city, Kyoto.
- August 23, 2017
- Abstracat posted on the Program page.
- August 17, 2017
- Program overview and Poster list revised.
- August 1, 2017
- Presentation instructions, Program overview, and Poster list posted on the Program page.
- July 14, 2017
- The timetable in the program page is updated.
- June 22, 2017
- Early registration deadline postponed.
- April 19, 2017
- Application deadline postponed: ISCE/APACE Student Travel Awards and APACE Young Scientist Award.
- April 4, 2017
- The conditions for the ISCE Student Travel Awards are added.
Please check the Abstracts page.
- February 27, 2017
- The timetable on the Program page is updated.
- February 7, 2017
- The Meeting Sessions are updated.
- January 28, 2017
- Program page is updated.
- January 20, 2017
- Venue page is updated.
- October 25, 2016
- 2017 ISCE/APACE website open
- August 23-27, 2017
- Fukakusa Campus, Ryukoku University, Kyoto, Japan
- Junji Takabayashi
It is our great pleasure to invite you to participate in the joint meeting of the 33rd annual meeting of the ISCE and the 9th meeting of the APACE in Japan, August 23-27, 2017. The venue of the joint meeting is Ryukoku University Fukakusa Campus, Kyoto. The aim of the meeting is to bring together people, from young researchers to experienced leaders, working on all aspects of chemical ecology, from marine to terrestrial ecosystems. In addition to the plenary lectures, award lectures and keynote speeches, the meeting is designed to accommodate oral presentations and poster presentations. In the following pages you will find more detailed information about the scientific program and other important information about the meeting.
Looking forward to meeting you in Kyoto in summer, 2017.
On behalf of the Committees,
Professor Junji Takabayashi
Center for Ecological Research, Kyoto University
Professor Naoki Mori
Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University
- Characterization of Semiochemicals: Analysis and Synthesis
Organizer: Paulo H. G. Zarbin (Federal Univ. of Parana, Brazil) & Jun Tabata (National Agriculture and Food Research Organization, Japan)
- Plant perception and response
Organizer: Consuelo De Moraes (ETH Zürich, Switzerland) & Naoki Mori (Kyoto Univ., Japan)
- Ecological omics: genome to the field
Organizer: Gen-ichiro Arimura (Tokyo Univ. of Science, Japan) & Wilhelm Boland (MPI Chemical Ecology, Germany)
- Semiochemicals in social interactions
Organizer: Toshiharu Akino (Kyoto Institute of Technology, Japan) & Patrizia d'Ettorre (Univ. of Paris 13, France)
- Pheromone communication
Organizer: Hidefumi Mitsuno (Univ. of Tokyo, Japan), Takeshi Sakurai (Univ. of Tokyo, Japan), Takeshi Fujii (TUAT, Japan) & Zsolt Kárpáti (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary)
- Plant-plant communication
Organizer: Kaori Shiojiri (Ryukoku Univ., Japan) & Richard Karban (UC Davis, USA)
- Plant-animal interactions
Organizer: Gary W. Felton (Pennsylvania State Univ., USA) & Kotaro Konno (National Agriculture and Food Research Organization, Japan)
- Multitrophic interactions
Organizer: Ted Turlings (Univ. of Neuchâtel, Switzerland), Junji Takabayashi (Kyoto Univ., Japan) & Yooichi Kainoh (Univ. of Tsukuba, Japan)
- Chemical ecology of forest ecosystem
Organizer: Zhen Zhang (Chinese Academy of Forestry, China), Junheon Kim (National Institute of Forest Science, Korea) & Kiyoshi Nakamuta (Chiba Univ., Japan)
- Aquatic chemical ecology
Organizer: Michiya Kamio (Tokyo Univ. of Marine Science and Technology, Japan) & Kye Chung Park (The New Zealand Institute for Plant & Food Research Limited, New Zealand)
- Microbial chemical ecology
Organizer: Paolina Garbeva (The Netherlands Institute of Ecology, the Netherlands) & Ikuro Abe (Univ. of Tokyo, Japan)
- Utilization of semiochemicals in pest management
Organizer: Junwei (Jerry) Zhu (USDA-ARS, USA), Tom Baker (Pennsylvania State Univ., USA) & Rikiya Sasaki (Fuji Flavor Co., Ltd., Japan)
- Chemical ecology of invasive species
Organizer: Jocelyn G. Millar (UC Riverside, USA), Kiyoshi Nakamuta (Chiba Univ., Japan) & Max Suckling (The New Zealand Institute for Plant & Food Research Limited, New Zealand)
- Plants, microorganisms: next generation insecticides
Organizer: Kazuhiko Matsuda (Kindai Univ., Japan) & Ke Dong (Michigan State Univ., USA)
- General chemical ecology
Organizer: Junji Takabayashi (Kyoto Univ., Japan) & Jeremy N. McNeil (Western Univ., Canada)
2017 ISCE/APACE Secretariat
c/o Convention Dept. Kyoto Research Park Corp.
134 Chudoji Minami-machi, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8813, Japan
- Phone: +81-(0)75-315-8835
- Fax: +81-(0)75-314-2968
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org